Last time I made this stuff, I had a hell of a hard time filtering all 2 gallons of it. So this time I am trying something different.
I figure I will strain all of the chunks out and put the Smash in a different bottle and wait for everything to settle down at the bottom. Kind of like doing a secondary fermentation.
So here's what I did
I poured some of the Smash into the colander but the raisins where clogging up the neck of the 2 liter bottle. So I cut the top off of the bottle to eliminate the problem. Then I dumped the rest of it into the colander
Then, I grabbed a sanitized bottle and poured the Smash in.
It looks pretty nasty right now, kinda like a Yahoo or chocolate milk. But when it clears, it will be a deep reddish brown and pack a kick.
I'm not sure how long this will take to clear up, since I didn't add any chemicals to it. I will let it sit for a week or two and see how it is doing.